Thursday, April 22, 2010

Roadtrip Day 2

I get up bright and early today, but again sleep was elusive. You know how when your so wound up, or over tired, sleep just never seems to come. I slept, but it was in hour increments. Uuuggghh! I help myself to the breakfast buffet, which was included, extra coffee, then I'm on the road again.
Kae, my neighbor, had given me 3 different books on tape. I have elected to put in "The Princes of Ireland" The Dublin Saga. So off I go.... Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tip of Georgia and Tennessee. Throughout this trip I can't help but think about Kris. At 16, just a few weeks after getting her licence, she drove from California to North Carolina via Oregon, in a Volkswagen Bug. Now I drove through the mountains on this trip, but I've had a few more years driving experience. When Kris drove through the mountains of Oregon with me as her passenger and the station wagon as her lead car she was 16, OMG. What was the Colonel thinking?
I made it as far as Knoxville, and could barely speak at check-in. Baabaabaaabbaa.
Called Kris and prayed for sleep.

No comments: