Monday, April 19, 2010

Roadtrip Day 1


I slept horribly last night. Everything was set ready to go, but my mind would not settle for sleep. All those inner workings of my brain would not stop. I got a ride to the airport from Donna at 5:00am, with a side stop to drop off one of my favorite clients, Cooper a yellow lab/shepherd who reminds me of Bear. All my flights were on schedule, but I couldn't sleep on the plane either. By the time I got to Houston, I was running on empty. I was picked up by a dealer from Mercedes/BMW, and taken to my new car.

Ooohhh! she is so cute. After I fill her up with premium, I am on the road by 1:00pm. The weather was overcast the entire day with intermitant showers throughout. I go through the "Welcome to Louisiana", The Swamp State sign, and have every intention of getting at least to Baton Rouge if not New Orleans. Well I got as far as Lafayette and the skies just opened up. I drove about 10 miles in that mess and thought it would be a good idea to pull over and sleep through this. I put my "I made it Safely" call into Kris and now I am down for the count.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

The car is cute! It just worries me with it being so tiny. Have you chosen a name?

Sara said...

You look cute in your new car!