Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Year of Loss

Most of my family and friends know that Terry and I decided to go our separate ways. This is not my first break-up, but for some reason I find myself in a constant state of mental agitation. I know why we broke up, but still don't really understand it. We got along so well, seem to be able to tell each other everything, then all the sudden it stopped. No major upset, no drama... we just stopped communicating. Trust is a very important issue with me. When I was married I gave Matthew reason not to trust, but I though that was well behind me with my sobriety. We ended on very sweet terms, but Terry is not wired in a way that will allow him to remain my friend. There have been many times when I've come so close to picking up the phone just to say hi, but I am trying to respect his privacy. He will always have a special place in my heart.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Why does my mom never tell me the important things?? Sorry to hear that Terry won't be friends. Perhaps with time he'll realize how wonderful it would be to have you in his life, even if it's just as a friend!

The Gunning Family said...

Remember, you will always have tons of friends. In time, I bet Terry will want to be your friend, too. Now, the search for Clint is on. Maybe he lives in Houston ...