Saturday, April 10, 2010

Set Your Limit


I have a friend who has a very simple key to shopping on e-bay, set your limit.
For some time now, I have been looking for a small car that would just be a human car, something I could actually pick up friends and not be ashamed of.
Well I found it, on e-bay no less. I first started looking for the car I wanted in the price range I was willing to pay. It was between a Smart Car, or a Mini Cooper. I found what I was looking for almost immediately, the only problem was it was in Houston, and still had 4 days left on the bidding. I put the limit on what I wanted to spend, and was told I had not met the reserve price, which is what the dealer or owner puts on it so it doesn't get away for less than it's worth. Oh well!! I set my limit. 3 days later I get an email saying, I have won what I was bidding on. Holy Moly, you're kidding, I didn't hit the reserve. Well the dealer lowered the reserve and I am now the proud owner of a 2008 Smart Car. I fly out to Houston April 19th and start driving back that same afternoon.

ROADTRIP!!!!!!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Aunt Ter, I'm not a fan of that car. It's so tiny and not a convertible!! Trey doesn't approve of the purchase!! ;)

Sara said...

I think it's super cute and very economical. Very Eco friendly. The world is going the way of the tiny car. There are no monster mobiles on this side of the world. Congrats on your new purchase!

The Gunning Family said...

Red is your signature color ... That's a long drive solo ... any company for the trip?

The Gunning Family said...

Oh, and what will this one's name be? Herbie?