Thursday, April 8, 2010

Out of My Element


I went by the body shop yesterday to pick up a few things I can't live without, ez pass, Winslow's garage door opener, and the chucker and 76 tennis balls that keep the kids happy. They have not started work on Ruby (yes, I name my cars and my bikes) yet. She will need to be towed into the body shop to have the work started.

Those of you who know me, know that Ruby was my dog mobile. Within the first two months the back 2 seats were taken out and filled with blankets and dog beds. It was very rare to ride in it without your view being obstructed by dog nose prints or kisses. After a few days of rain the smell of wet dog was overwhelming. All my friends and family know this, and accept the fact that we use their car for any special occasion, unless of course they don't mind dog hair and can hold their breath the length of the trip. .......anyway my point of this is, I never really appreciate something until it's gone.
I have been given a VW Jetta as a rent-a-car, and have to get used to it. I refuse to name him, because I hope not to get too attached. Whenever I try to lock the doors, I pop the trunk. I roll back windows down to ask for directions, I have yet to put gas in it which I am sure will be a blog of it's own. Maybe I'll give him a nickname, any suggestions?


1 comment:

Rachel said...

I had to laugh when you wrote about trying to roll the windows down but popping the trunk instead. When mom was driving me to the hospital to deliver Hadley she was driving my Tahoe and couldn't figure the buttons out for the life of her! It was funny! I kept asking her if she wanted me to drive(with my contractions 2 mins apart)!