Monday, April 5, 2010

What a Day!

Have you ever had one of those days where it just doesn't pay to get out of bed?
Mine was last Thursday. It was an absolutely beautiful day outside, and I had taken the day off just to catch up with things that have been getting away from me. So, I start the day with spilling coffee down the front of a brand new top. The top was light pink and I will only be able to wear it to weed or paint now. There were 3 or 4 other minor little inconveniences, but when the weather is that good and I have the day off, it's still good to be alive.
Fast forward to 4:15pm, Kae comes over so we can take the dogs to the high school to romp. I'm in the shower shaving my legs, because after the walk, I'm getting a much needed massage. When we get to the stop light to turn into the high school. A car in the oncoming lane decides to veer off into my lane and hits me in the right front panel of the Element. The impact was hard enough to deploy the airbags and scare the shit out of all of us. Luckily no one was hurt, but now I am without my car for God only knows how long. Oh yeah, I missed my massage.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you're ok, but sorry about the element! Let me know what kind of car you're looking for and Trey will begin his search for you!!

Sara said...

Tough day! Missing the massage was like pouring salt in the wound! Hope you get new wheels soon. We are Carmax people. It's super easy