Monday, June 14, 2010

2 Weeks To Go

Yesterday was the first day in the 6 weeks I've had my cast on that I was actually grateful.
The "Eagleman Triathlon" took place in Cambridge yesterday at Odark:00. Due to the cast still on my foot I followed the race on line, instead of being a participant.
With Kathy's critters I was still up before the sun, and it was so humid out that I was soaked after the walk. So I'll consider that the mile swim. As the swimmers were transitioning to the bike, I was in AC watching "Inglorious Bastards"(2 thumbs up). The humidity got worse throughout the day, and I kept thinking how glad I was that I wasn't out in that sauna peddling 56 miles. I talked to my girlfriend who participated, after the race was over, and she said she was fine until about mile 40. At that point she started to loose feeling in her legs, and on a bike that's not good. She finished, but said it was rough. The problem with biking on the Eastern Shore are the headwinds, she said they were brutal, add humidity and you've got yourself 56 miles of non-stop misery.
No more complaining about my cast. I get 'em next year. Kris, You in?

No comments: