Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Another One in the Loss Column.


A very near and dear friend of mine asked her husband of 25 years for a divorce last Monday. I honestly believe that once she is on her own, she will bloom. She has such a wonderful spirit and I often thought her husband stifled her, but it was her husband. The transition is going to be difficult at best. Not only is she leaving her husband, but she gave notice at the hospital she's worked at for over 15 years, and she is leaving the state to help with the effort in the "Gulf Cleanup". I so admire her moxie, but I will miss her terribly. I am behind her in whatever choice she makes. In 32 days my shop will be closed and who knows, maybe I'll be wiping off a pelican or 2.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That's awesome she's helping with the Gulf clean up. I get sick everytime I see pictures of the animals covered in oil. You can join her only after your visit with me. And that's only if you choose to leave Hawai'i!