Friday, July 16, 2010

Farewell My Friend


Donna left this morning to start her new volume. When you reach our age and leave everything that you have known for the last 25 years, it's not just a new chapter, it's a volume. Harper and I met Winslow and Donna down at the neighborhood gazebo for our last round of chucking tennis balls. It is so sad to say goodbye to someone who has become a real friend, so I didn't. I told her to be safe and that I would see her in September. As I headed to work I looked towards her home and the familiar red truck was gone, I stopped and bought some chocolate and called my older sister to cry. Donna is now on her way to my younger sister to start her healing. Thank God for sisters.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

At least you have a Hawaiian adventure to help pass the time while Donna is away!!

Donna said...

Awwwwwwww. I sorry baby. Know that I could have never taken that turn outta the drive without your strength.