Saturday, July 31, 2010

In the Dark.

July 31, 2010 Woofs & Whiskers last day.
I'm heading into the shop today with a happy heart. I know I am doing what is right for me at this point in my life. So we all get to the store and I walk in, go to the front to turn on the lights and Oops, no lights. I go next door to see if they have electricity. In the last 2 weeks it's gone off twice due to the heavy storms in the area...Yep they have lights. I have to use Morgan-Gerard's phone to call BGE. They have a turn-off order for he 31st. I won't even go into the conversation I had with the BGE employee 2 weeks ago cancelling service on the 1st because I would be open on the 31st and I would need service until 4pm that day..... anyway, they would not be able to turn it back on until Tuesday. NEVER MIND.
Not having lights is one thing, but I have no phone, no credit card machine, no register, no fax, no air and now my happy heart is copping an attitude. Luckily for all of us it was a beautiful day and I opened all the windows and we had a lovely breeze. By the end of the day, 3 friends that could not reach me by phone came in to say good-bye, my sister Kris came by to make sure I was okay, and Donna called me at home from Florida letting me know she was thinking about me all day. My happy heart is back, I know I am loved.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Of course you are loved! That's too funny about your power though. I had to laugh. Go figure, your last day would be in the dark with no credit card machine! Now onto the next journey!

Sara said...

What a great way to end this chapter in your life. You have such great family and friends to wish you well on your next adventure.

Anonymous said...

I really loved your shop and am sooooooo glad I got to know your creation there.

OK. How do you feel about a fitness center? Next page!!!!