Monday, August 2, 2010

All Hands on Deck

Whenever something needed to be done in the Gunning household my father would bellow, "All Hands on Deck", and if you were within ear shot you had better show up ready to work.
After looking around the shop at the end of the day Saturday, I thought if I called John and Brian it would only take 1 load each SUV and I could have the store cleared out in no time. Even though Heather bought all my merchandise, I still had all the fixtures that needed to be removed. So I called the boys and gave the old battle cry and they agreed to meet me at the store at 10am on Sunday, no questions asked. Kris of course was already on board.
John showed up first. I was counting and boxing inventory to transfer up the street. By the time Kris showed up (on time), John and I had already filled the Element, and were working on his car. Brian pulled up, and the piece that was going into his car would fit better in 2 pieces. I knew when he asked for a screwdriver it was going down. Oh well...nothing a little gorilla glue won't take care of.

No comments: