Saturday, July 3, 2010

Just Another Joint

After dinner we headed to the jam session. I was anxious to hear some of the talent that I was told came far and wide for this get together. What I wasn't aware of was the location that all this talent was to gather for our listening pleasure. It was the "Democratic Club" in Eastport. I have been to some joints in my day, but never sober. I truly believe that some places are better seen in double, this place was not one of them. It is one of those places that is really dark. The only light came from the register, the classy hanging Budweiser pool table light or from matches lighting up cancer sticks. I got through half a glass a water, watched Donna and Tracy play half a game of pool and thanked the Baby Jesus I had my own car. Some times reading is just more fun, but you gotta play to win.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Prime example of why it's always better to drive separately!