Saturday, July 3, 2010

Eat, Drink and be Terry


We decide before the jam session, we'll get a bite to eat at "The Boatyard Grill".
The Boatyard is a great local pub in Eastport. Tracy decides she would like to eat at the bar. If it's just 2 people I love eating at the bar, but with 4 the conversation generally breaks off in pairs. It did.
Having been a bartender at one junction in my life, I love to watch bartender/customer interaction. Well Tracy decided to order Donna a Stoli vodka gimlet, straight up, but asked in her best flirty little girl way if he would use fresh squeezed lime instead of Rose's lime juice. He was very cordial and said since it wasn't busy it would be no problem, he asked if Tracy would like one as well. "No thank-you". Being a vodka gimlet drinker from way back, I know the difference between fresh squeezed and Rose's is like night and day. So the bartender painstakingly chills the glass, pours the Stoli over crushed ice and squeezes two lime halves to make what looks like the perfect Vodka Gimlet with pulp. Yummy!! The minute the bartender put it down in front of Donna, Tracy said she'd like one as well. Good thing my bartender days are behind me.


1 comment:

Rachel said...

And that is why I could never be a bartender. I don't think I would've made the second drink after minutes before asking if she had wanted one. I just don't have that kind of patience!