Thursday, August 19, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me.





On August 18th I started my 54th year to grey skies and a non stop rain, but that was not going to dampen my spirits. It is MY day. First thing in the morning I checked my email, 36 messages. Now the only time I have ever had that many messages was when I went to South America and had no access to my account, and most of those were drug ads. I had no idea that as a member of Facebook my birthday is common knowledge to all my Facebook friends. I got well wishes from so many people, thank you one and all. What a great way to start the day.
Earlier in the month Anthropologie sent me my birthday card along with a 15% discount coupon. That, with a gift certificate John gave me for watching Layla started my day. I got 3 funky tops that I really didn't need, but hey it's my birthday.
From there I headed to see "Eat, Pray, Love". Love, love, loved it. I really saw myself in that character. I don't think any women of a certain age, could not identify in one way or another. With all my travels coming up maybe I could write a spin off, "Eat, Pray, Eat, Like Alot, Eat".
I think I'm on to something.... After the movie I headed home. Another 46 emails.
.... and what is a birthday without cake and ice cream? I opted for a chocolate eclair and Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby. I love birthdays.
To end my special day I got an hour and half massage. I've been going to David for my massages ever since my birthday last year. His massages are unbelievable. He uses stones and oil in way that I am sure is illegal in many countries. When I leave I am really not sure I should be driving, I am lightheaded and soooo relaxed. If I were George Castanza, it would have moved.
I get home, crawl into clean sheets and eat, pray and smile.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad you had a great birthday! I want to see Eat, Pray, Love. However, I think your movie would be more entertaining!!

Sara said...

Happy Birthday! What a day. Stones and oil in an illegal way is the BEST way! I bet he wasn't as lithe as the little spider monkey Filipinas who crawl all over you. I'll bet he was stronger though. Love you

Donna said...

Happy Birthday GF! You know how to do it right! xoxo