Thursday, August 12, 2010

Social Butterfly


On Tuesday I went to a fund raiser for the Hospice of the Chesapeake. It was a crab feast held at a friend's restaurant. I was familiar with Hospice before, but since my mother's passing, I've become an admirer. The tickets were $50.00 and they had a great turnout. They had a wonderful spread of barbecue ribs and chicken, corn on the cob and assorted salads. Basically it's all the food that I hate to eat in public or without dental floss. Luckily, I hung out with my ex-neighbor and good friend Kathy Corry. A good friend is someone you can show your teeth to in public and ask if you have anything in between. The food and company was great. They also had a 2 kids playing guitar and singing. It was a wonderful evening.

Wednesday I was invited to the Annapolis Yacht Club by some friends I got to know through Woofs & Whiskers. We had an amazing lunch overlooking Spa Creek. This couple is so interesting and have done so many things, I felt like a sponge just soaking up everything they said. I had so many questions, lunch went by much to quickly.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Oh how I would love to eat a crab feast right now. Yum!

Rachel said...

I could so go for some good ol' east coast steamed crabs. As a matter of fact I think you should bring some with you to Hawai'i! 11 days and a wake up!