Thursday, August 12, 2010

Making the Time


Since becoming a "Lady of Leisure" I am actually doing things. Going out always seemed to be such a chore. Because I dealt with the public 6 days a week, on my day off all I wanted to do was just unplug and try to rejuvenate myself. I would do somethings, but I always went screaming and kicking. Now I am actually enjoying myself.
Saturday, Kris and I went to our cousin Maura's for her annual "Tea". She has a wonderful collection of antique bone china, all different patterns. I have as much fun looking at the settings as I do conversing.

As most of you know Maura live in Towson, so Kris and I decided to ride up together.....with address in Garmin we are all set. Anyone who has a Garmin know that they have a mind of their own. Kris's decided to take us on the scenic route, through probably thee roughest section of Baltimore. It was actually pretty funny, I kept saying, "Don't look anyone in the eye". We got through it laughing all the way, the kind of frantic, get us out alive laughing.
At Maura's we were joined by the Timmick Girls, Aunt Dorie( it's been probably 45 years since we've seen her), Aunt Mary and her daughter, and Molly's mother-in-law. It was a great group. The kind that you get to telling stories and in 20 minutes you've been there for 5 hours. We all vowed to get together more often, and said our huggy goodbyes.

No comments: