Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Another Loss

Last week I got an email from Terry, the subject matter was "Dad".
I have not heard from or seen Terry since March, so I knew this was not good. I had the chance to meet Terry's father when we went west for our bike trip. We spent a lovely evening together with the rest of his family. He was a true gentleman. Terry's note said that his father had slipped into a coma and passed away the following morning. I am very glad that Terry made it out to Arizona. His father was surrounded by a family that loved him very much.
I called Terry to see how he was, an email just seemed so shallow. I wanted to hear his voice to make sure he was okay. I may have caught him a little off guard by the call, but we soon fell back into our comfortable manner. Once I knew he was all right and let him know if he needed anything to let me know, I said good-bye. I was happy to know that he too was surrounded by family that loves him.

1 comment:

Sara said...

How sad, and how very nice of you to be there for Terry when he needed you.