Sunday, September 26, 2010

Top 10

After our first snorkeling stop the guides passed out gourmet lunches, and took us to one of the top 10 ranked beaches in the world. The beach really was beautiful. I loved that this one palm tree was smack dab in the middle of the beach all by it's lonesome. There were plenty of palms further back, but this little guy stood tall and proud for the whole world to notice. The sand was that fine grain that you find in hour glasses. After lunch and more snorkeling, I decided to explore the rocky coastline.
One of the things I enjoy about traveling solo is I can do my own thing. While most of the others in the group were sunning themselves or snorkling with a buddy, I hit the trail. The hike was not too strenuous, but the sun was at it's hottest. I wet down my shirt before I began and made sure my water was filled. The views, as always, filled me with awe.
After hiking for an hour I headed back for our 3:00 departure. That is "Princess Rock" behind me. "DON'T JUMP".

Once back on dry dock, I headed for the bus stop and realized, once again, I have been in a wet bathing suit all day. If you've ever been on a bus in Maui, you know I fit right in.
I got back to the hotel, showered and had a quick bite, then went to bed. I've got a 2:30am wake up call. The good news, "No Bathing Suit Required".

No comments: