Sunday, September 26, 2010

Bucket List

One of the things on my bucket list is to swim with dolphins. Instead of doing it in guaranteed waters such as Sea World, I opted for this "sure bet"cruise. On the way out to the spot the guide was telling us that there have been no dolphin spotting that morning. One of the passengers on board had been on that cruise 4 times before, and had seen the playful mammals on each trip. My hopes are still high. On our first stop we snorkeled for 45 minutes, it was amazing, but no dolphins. The waters were so clear, and the fish plentiful, my only regret was not having an underwater camera. Now I have snorkeled before in Key West, Costa Rica and Panama, but never with the confidence that I felt on this trip. Normally I jump in and something like a barracuda, or Portuguese Man-o-war the size of a basketball scare me right back out. This time I stayed in the entire 45minutes. Okay, so the guide was cute and maybe I was showing off a bit, but I was truly enjoying myself. So much so, that not seeing any dolphins didn't spoil my day in the least. The photo above was taken at Water Wonderland (or something like that)in Oahu. It's just more fun to read with pictures.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I can't stop laughing...Water Wonderland?? More like Sea Life Park!