Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cab or Bus?


This morning I am heading out to Lanai for a day of snorkeling, hiking and beaching it. For this trip I had to find my way to Lahaina, a seaport where my boat was docked. Lahaina was exactly 22 miles from my hotel. When my cab driver dropped me off from the airport, I asked about a trip on Wednesday to Lahaina, he told me the cost is $80.00, I said,"round trip"?, he said, "no, one way". That would have been $160.00 round trip, that was more than I paid for the days adventure. After talking to the desk clerk, she suggested the bus. The bus stop was 2 blocks away, and cost $1.00. Yes that's right from $160.00 to $2.00, and I saw parts of the island the cab would have totally by passed.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I mean, seriously, a rental car would have been cheaper than that cab. I think he was crazy!