Thursday, September 23, 2010

How Much Further?

When I go anywhere new, I love getting a lay of the land by touring the area first. Now when you're are in Key West, you have the "Conch Train", in Boston you have the "Duck Tours". Both of these tours run 3 hours tops.
We are going on hour 7 when we stop at the "RedSand" beach.

. Our tour guide lets us know that most tours only make 9 stops, we will be making 18. The elastic in my suit is not happy about this revelation. We have gone through some of the greenest, lushest section of Maui, now we are headed to the other side which is dry and arid. It's was like going from the forest to the desert. Oh!! did I mention we are now on an unpaved road, and of course my bladder is full? Heaven forbid I dehydrate. We all know that after turning the tired corner I am usually good for nothing, except for maybe whining. We are on hour 11 and all I kept thinking was, "when is this going to be over". I know now that I should never book a tour over 4 hours in any type of vehicle. The gods were smiling on me, because I was the first drop off. I could not get my suit off quick enough, jumped in the shower and went to bed to ready myself for my next adventure.

No comments: