Friday, October 22, 2010

No Excuses


I am always amazed how Sara and Rachel keep their blogs updated. I have been back from Florida now for 3 weeks and have just finished my Hawaii blog. So without further ado I will just give the "Cliff Notes" of my 4 weeks in Apalachicola.
Donna and I headed south around noon on September 5th. I packed Harper,and all the things I didn't want to be without for a month in the Element, and off we went.


We stayed on 95 the entire way, because with Donna driving a 26' Penske we decided the scenic route might be an extravagance we could do without. Penske also put a cruise control on the van that did not allow Donna to go over 70mph. We made it through Virginia, North Carolina and all the "Pedro Sez" billboards, ending up in Florence, SC. Donna checked us all in with her service dog card and the 3 of us called it a day. We got an early start and made it to Apalachicola at 8:00pm the following evening. Donna's friend, Roma, was there waiting with Winslow. We carried in any boxes that were blocking the mattress, then the mattress and called it a night.
The next day Roma, and another friend that Donna had met came over to help with the rest of the van. Donna also had 2 guys that had just landscaped her yard help out. Now we all know how much fun unloading a moving van is, and believe me when I tell you there was not an open space in this van. I am just very grateful that Donna is the kind of person that meets people, becomes friends with them, and they offer to help with a mission like that.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I was wondering when you were coming back to the world of blogging. Of course I'm not always the best with keeping up with my own!