Friday, October 22, 2010

A Pink Treehouse


The house Donna is renting is just darling. It has been raised to protect it from flooding and because of that, it sits high up in the trees. This is the view from the front of the house, but the back porch is the real gem.

This is where Donna and I spent every morning drinking coffee, talking about the task du jour and solving all the worlds problems. It is such a comfortable setting. It has a ceiling fan that keeps a breeze going at all times, and you are surrounded by palms. It's hard not to fall completely into the island groove. It truly became my favorite place to be during my stay. Before leaving Donna bought a wrought iron table and 4 chairs, which we sanded, primed and painted, it now acts as the dining room table on the far side of the porch. Aaahh, dining alfresco, is there anything better?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I enjoy the balcony in the trees! I can just imagine how peaceful it must be!