Thursday, November 4, 2010

Apalachicola Interupted.


I've filled you in on Donna's house and I will get back to describe the "Mayberry-esque" town, but first a little life in Annapolis.
Last week I was given an emergency call by a friend of mine to replace a bartender for a wedding the following weekend. I gave up catering a while ago, when I realized my 50 something year old body was not usually happy with the outcome. Well you know me, a friend in need....
So here I am in a car heading to Fredrick. That's right, Fredrick. Heaven forbid the wedding be in Annapolis, or anywhere closer than a 75 minute drive. Find a happy place, find a happy place.
Now the set-up begins. Racks, and racks, and more racks of glasses have to be moved from point a to b. Cases of beer, wine and liquor also need to be moved. Now this would all be a fairly simple process if a dolly or cart were available. No such luck, just 2- 5o something year old girls. We didn't move quite this many cases, but it certainly felt like it. Oh! did I mention the 50 bags of 40lb. ice?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That's a lot of lifting! If you did all of that than I'm certain you could have pushed my double stroller up the Makapu'u Lighthouse Trail!