Thursday, November 4, 2010

Non Stop Drinking

The bar is barely set up when the first of the guests start to arrive. It's Show-time.
The wedding planner instead of the caterer ordered glasses, and I could already tell there were not going to be enough. We had about 1 million martini up glasses and 60 high ball glasses. Even I can do the math on that. At about 7:00 we started asking guest to save their glass. We had no sink behind the bar or we could have washed them ourselves. Well by 8:00 we were serving gin & tonics in martini up glasses. The way these people were drinking the glass it came in didn't matter. The problem with up glasses is you can maybe get half a drink in it, so we were pouring drinks from 4:30-10:00 non stop. By last call I felt like I had been run over by a train. Now we need to break down the bar, stack all unopened cases for the father of the bride to take home. Uuugghh. Before that begins I decide it is time for an Alleve or 3. When I get out of the car after the 75 minute ride home, my legs don't work. I walk that off, put my 200.00 check and tip money in my pocket and think how much fun tending bar really is. Needless to say, I slept like the dead that night.

1 comment:

Sara said...

You are an amazing friend!!! Sounds like a sloshed wedding!