Saturday, November 20, 2010

She's Back!!!



My friend Donna, who recently headed south to live, is back in Maryland for an action packed week. She got in late Wednesday night, so after about an hour of catch up and giggles, we said good night and crashed.
On Thursday, while I head to my first day of training at the salon, Donna heads to settle on the sale of her home here in "The Hood". I meet both her and her realtor, who is also a neighbor, for a celebratory dinner at a new Latin restaurant "Paladar". We had a wonderful meal and
caught up on the day's activities.


From dinner, Donna and Jean headed to book club and I headed home. I meet them about 30 minutes later, because there was going to be a belated birthday celebration for Donna. Did someone say cake? Well I have been in a few book clubs and realize that with Donna being back, the first 30 minutes would have been question and answer period for Donna. I probably should not have gone over for about an hour and a half, but knew that was well passed my bedtime. As soon as I get there the talk moves from Donna to the book, which I had not read.
I have been in clubs where the talk of the book is so riveting that it really didn't matter weather you've read the book or not, unfortunately this was not one of them. I was there for maybe 20 minutes, and after the first 3 all I could think of was weather or not I had been there long enough not to seem rude to leave. I lasted maybe 20 minutes before I excused myself reminding Donna to bring home some birthday cake.

No comments: