Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Farewell My Friend.

Donna and I spent a lovely evening with friends for Thanksgiving. The conversation was lively and we even got to sneak in a game of pool with the boys. There was plenty of food and we both came home with full bellies. We hit the hay early, because Donna had an early flight home.
They say, "Home is where the heart is", and I think this trip made it clear for Donna, that Apalachicola is now home. I am truly happy that Donna has found a happiness in Florida that eluded her here. The quaint, quiet lifestyle just fits her perfectly. She has settled in like a puppy to it's litter mate, and I for one am thrilled. Happiness often by passes those who make a lifetime searching for it. This story has a happy ending.
I am just glad for skype, email, facebook, phones and scrabble..... even with all that I can't help but feel a small void. Love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are my dearest friend and I miss you terribly. Thanks for all the great memories and support. xoxo

Rachel said...

This entry brought a tear to my eye. I know how you feel though. It's never easy to say goodbye to those you hold so dear to your heart. At least you have a nice vacation spot!