Monday, December 27, 2010

'Tis the Season....



It's Holiday Party time.....which means a few extra dollars catering. I have known Val Brady for 34 years. We first meet when we both worked together at "Fran O'Briens". Val now has her own catering company and whenever she needs someone to tend bar, I am her go to girl. This time a friend of mine needed a caterer and Val got the job.


I have known Donna and Alan for about 2 years now. They travel to South Africa every winter and I take care of their two dogs. They are such wonderful people. They have had such an extraordinary life, but remain humble.
Their home is something out of Architectural Digest. They have acquired artifacts from all around the world and their home is the perfect showcase. Once again my photos do not do justice.

The party was from 2-4, which was shorter than the time it took to setup and break down. Donna is very sensible, "It's after lunch and before dinner, we won't need tons of food". She and Alan also hired a pianist to play all the great old classics, with a few White Christmas's for the holiday theme. It was the perfect touch.
Val's table, as always, looked scrumptous. Crab dip, prime rib sliders ,cheeses from around the world (Whole Foods), fresh salmon, and sweet bite size treats from one of the best local bakeries. Everyone loved the food.
I had to throw this last photo in because I am such of fan of oriental carpets. Theirs come from Turkey, South Africa and a number of other countries. Mine came from Arnold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is this where I was inspired to layer carpets in my own home? I love this flat- it IS extraordinary, and I'm sure your touches for the party made it shine.