Monday, January 3, 2011

Meet Scout!


It has been one year since I lost Bear, and I always said that if I'm meant to have another dog it will just happen. Well it has.

2 weeks ago I got a call from a friend telling me that Winslow's brother needed a new home. OMG!! A 3 1/2 year old Old English Sheepdog, pick of his liter, needs a new place to live. The reason he was being let go by his old family was because they have since had a 2 legged baby and Noah nipped her. I don't know all the specifics leading to the nip, but even I know you don't leave an 18 month old baby with a 100 pound dog unattended. Anyway the parents could not take the risk of it happening again. The parents of Noah called a friend of mine, who in turn, called me. He got along great with Harper, which was a prerequisite.
I switched his name to Scout, because "NO" is a word used often in my house. I was afraid Noah was a little too close to that, and I would spend a fortune on therapy. There has to be a city named Scout somewhere, in the meantime he fits perfectly on Mockingbird Court with Harper.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Well I guess I won't be letting Scout babysit my girls anytime soon! Ha ha! Congratulations on your newest addition!

Sara said...

gorgeous pup! I know all the nips (not bites but mock bites) we've had here in our house come from the girls taking it a little too far with Lucy. We have to have a little separation time for all of them and then it's fine Both girls and Lucy learn from it.