Thursday, January 13, 2011

Deep.

I don't know who reads my blog aside from Sara and Rachel. They are the only 2 who leave comments, so I know they follow along with my usually mundane life. I try not to post anything too personal for fear someone may find a chink in my armor. Someone may discover I'm not always at the top of my game, I have needs and feelings that are never worn on my sleeve.
I have some amazing friends and 2 sisters that are always there if I find the need to share my innermost sentiments. My problem is I rarely do, which brings me to this post.


About 2 weeks ago, I made an appointment for a massage. With working out, catering and all the other little things my body has been through I felt like I was due. I have not had a massage since Donna gave me one for my birthday in August, and that was given by a women in her 7th month of pregnancy. Enough said.
I am a true believer that massage not only relaxes and rejuvenates, but also moves your inner chi and balances chakras. I was going for a nice deep tissue, and David always uses stones. Aaahh!! I never consider massages sexual, but they are definitely sensual. While on the table I was reminded how much I miss being touched. At one point when David was stretching my arm our fingers were interlaced so he could pull just so, my eyes filled with tears. Luckily I was face down. It's been close to a year since my last relationship. I really have not been anxious to get back out there. Now I find myself making up excuses. I didn't really want to go through the holidays with someone new, now I don't want to get involved before my trip to Asia. It's not really the sex I miss, it's the closeness. The hugs and holding, the reading in bed together, the coffee in the morning and the laughing. I have processed all these feeling for nearly 11 months and I know that I am worthy of someones love, I just need to kiss a few more frogs. Until then, I am scheduling my massages alot closer together.

3 comments:

Sara said...

great post. Sometimes it feels good to write things you wouldn't normally say. Get back out there. You have so much to offer someone else. Coffee in the morning along with lots of "can you scratch this itch" is a nice way to spend anytime with someone else. I love reading your blog! It's how we stay connected.

Rachel said...

I think the only two people that read my blog are you and Sara!

You just need to kiss a few more frogs before you find your prince! Of course, the grass isn't always greener on the other side! You are a magnificent woman, I'd stick with the massages!

Anonymous said...

Awwww GF. You so rarely put yourself out there- that's true. I am touched by your honesty and rawness. I hope all my rambling has not added to these feelings. Come and live with me a month or two- I'll hold you dear. I love you and miss you terribly. xoxo