Tuesday, January 18, 2011

EBay City

When I closed Woofs & Whiskers the groomer down the street came in the Tuesday before I was locking my doors, and said "What ever you don't sell I will buy". This included everything except the dreaded Webkinz. So here I am, with close to 500 darling little adoptable stuffed dogs and cats. This photo does not include 7 unpacked, but labeled boxes. I am trying to pretend to be organized.I have donated cases to "Toys for Tots",the child oncology department at Mercy Hospital and various homeless shelters. This is why I am at the manageable number of 500plus.
I have now taken to ebay. I am sure there is a world out there where ebay savvy people exist, I have yet to enter their realm. At my first selling point I did not realize you can put your item on for 1 day, 3 days, 5days, 10 and so on. So... instead of a quick turnover of 1-3 days, I had to wait out 10 days to sell maybe 2 items out of the 68 posted. Aaahh yes... 2 out of 68. I am not even going to go into how long the posting of said 68 items took me. If at first you don't succeed......

I give it a second go round, lower prices, shorten days and find a relist key that does it all for you. My selling record is still nothing to brag about, 28 items sold out of 187 listed, but I am at least at the door of EBay Savvyville. Whatever I have not sold, one way or another, will be donated next holiday season.

No comments: