Thursday, January 20, 2011

Masters Swim Class

I have a good friend that I do triathlons with that has talked me into joining the Masters Swim Club. She has been trying to get me into this group for close to 2 years, but I always had an excuse. I have been in the pool when Masters practice and I know how tough the workout can be, but believe it or not that is not what has kept me from joining. The Club meets 3 nights a week from 8-9:30pm. That's right PM, the start time is about 30minutes after my crawl into bed time.
The 1st workout was very gentle, probably to keep the dropout rate to a minimum. We also had a meeting ahead of time to go over what we can expect for the next 20 weeks, which cut pool time down to about 45minutes. The majority of this group all do triathlons, and are here to improve on their swim stroke. Judging by the lane I've been put in I have alot of improving to do. Speed has never been a priority for me, I swim because it clears out all the nonsense I carry in my head. It has always been more therapeutic than speed demon for me. I am afraid that Master Swim will be to swimming what spinning is to biking. But you know what? I am diving in head first.



1 comment:

Rachel said...

Sounds exciting! I bet you will be in the best shape of your life after these next 20 weeks. And I'll finally not be pregnant anymore! Ready, set, dive(or deliver for me)!