Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hong Kong or Bust

Finally the day arrived when it was time to go. Thank God for Kris, who didn't think twice when I asked for a ride to the airport at 5am. My flights are always at such ungodly hours. I would also like to thank God for Valerie, who equipped me with ambien for the flights going and coming home. At this point I would just like to tip my hat to Sara, who has done this flight with 2 girls under the age of 4. You should be canonized. The flight to San Francisco was a breeze. When we boarded the flight to Hong Kong, a passenger in front of me wanted to see if anyone around her would switch seats, so she could have her sister near her. Maura and I had opposite aisle. I didn't see any harm in changing seats, so I switched. Little did I know her sister came with a 2 year old.

So while Maura is in the back looking for extra space in the overhead storage to stuff the reincarnate of Rosemary's baby, I am nestled in my aisle seat with an open middle seat sleeping like the dead. No good deed......

No comments: