Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Night To Remember

The night before heading on any of my trips is usually pretty quite. The pups have been shipped off to their temporary homes, and I have time to get all the odds and ends together for a timely departure.
Take off to Hong Kong was slightly different. Ellen and Lenny, who are taking care of Harper, lost their power in the most recent ice/snow storm to hit Maryland. When power is out for a few hours it's one thing, they had been without power for close to 18 hours when they asked if they could come over. I didn't have to think twice about it, of course you can. The nice thing about having close friends is you don't have to entertain them in a situation like this. They both knew I had a bunch to do, so they settled in doing whatever, while I flitted through the house talking to myself.
About 3 hours later I get a call from another friend, her husband needs to use the shower. Sure, tell him to come on over, the more the merrier. I've met her husband twice before and he is a doll, but I don't really have time for this. Thank heavens for Ellen and Lenny. Ellen made dinner, and Lenny entertained Martin while I bid adeau, for an early morning flight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard about the party at your house! Don't tell me you didn't serve appetizers and play piano for everyone!
You're a champ for going with the flow...

Rachel said...

Par-tay at Aunt Terry's!! That was very kind of you to allow so many people into your electric filled home! Enjoy your trip!