Monday, February 28, 2011

Open Market

No trip to Hong Kong is complete without a trip to one of the many open aired markets. Now we didn't get to see frogs on grills, but I'm sure they were there. We only had limited time because we had to be back to the hotel by 2 for our ride to the port. So Maura and I spent about 2 hours scouring the treasures of the Orient. That was just about an hour and 45minutes more than I needed. Maura is a shopper. More on that later.


While we were cruising the market wares, we kept seeing signs with 2 feet on them. We guessed them to be the universal sign for foot massage, or pedicure. After going on about 6 wild foot chases, and I do mean wild, through alleys, up rickety staircases, down into basements, we decided to head back to the hotel and talk to the concierge about a decent foot masseur.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks so exotic! Foot massage erotic?

Rachel said...

I'm with you on the shopping being too long for you. That doesn't look like my idea of a fun shopping day. Perhaps if they had a pearl booth!