Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Where???

Maura and I get back to the hotel with enough time to question the concierge, hop in a cab and go to one of the nicest "Foot Salons" in Hong Kong. At least that's what we thought. When the cab dropped us off, there was a small Chinese woman with fliers for foot massage, along with any other type of massage you may have been looking for. Why would she need to advertise right in front of her own salon? In the universal sign for follow me, Maura and I did. We both assumed she was taking us to the Foot Palace, but why is it so far from where the cab let us off? We followed her for about 1/4 mile and thought maybe we should have kept the cab. I have no doubt that if we had been much younger, we would now be at the feet of some Sultan in Dubai.
We finally make it to a Foot Place as opposed to Palace. What a difference a letter makes. We both sat down and began a 45 minute foot and leg massage. As massages go, it wasn't too bad.
Maura's masseur spoke english and explained all the pressure points as he worked on her. I, of course, just smiled and shook my head. By the end of this trip I will be know as a Bobble Head. The last 10 minutes we got a neck and shoulder massage. Maura's neck wasn't right for the rest of the trip.

No comments: