Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cruise Contol

I am going to interrupt my ongoing China blog to catch you up to speed with my real life When I came home from the cruise, I decided it was time to get back in the game, so I went on the ever dreaded dating site, match.com. After I had filled out all the questionnaires that would make up my profile, and hit send I regretted it. Do I really want to go through all this again? Well no sooner do I hit send then the winks start coming in. For those of you not in the date site loop, a wink on match is to let someone know you are interested in them. The first wink come from someone in Arizona. I let him down gently by letting him know with the cost of fuel on the rise I wasn't filling my Lear jet as often as I was. I figure if I couldn't make a go of it with someone down the street, Arizona was out of the question. Match is sooo different from e-harmony, in that people are in contact with you right away. A friend of mine described it as, drinking water from a fire hose. After a few "put me out of my misery" phone conversations, and abrupt e-mails concerning my rudeness, I wondered what the hell I had gotten myself into. ....and then there was Tom.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Emails about your rudeness?? Perhaps they just can't handle the truth! Can't wait to hear about Tommy boy!