Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Out At Sea

For the first day and 1/2 we were out in the South China Sea. The weather was brisk and damp, so laying by the pool was not an option.....actually being outside was not an option. There are plenty of other things to do while on board. Maura opted to learn bridge, I went to a yoga class and then to a group trivia challenge. These activities were replayed each day we were at sea. They also had an ongoing puzzle, 3 revolving movie choices that played in your suite, and any other wheelchair bound activity you can imagine. They had a spa on board, but Maura and I both agreed we would look for the $12.00 massage in town, as opposed to the $160.00 on board.
Our 2nd evening on board was the Formal Night, and Maura and I had been invited to sit at the Co-Captain's table. Now when I say formal, I mean the men were in black tie and the ladies dressed to the 9's. I wore a red dress, and just keep putting on faux pearls. When I go on holiday it is not to dress up and wear my best baubles. When traveling to a 3rd world country I don't even bring my real gems.....anyway, dinner was delicious.
After dinner, which ended at 10:00pm, we went to watch a magic show. Maura took us up to the front row, and everyone knows what happens when you sit in the front row. This magician was very different from the one I assisted in my early 20's. He was more into card tricks, then pulling rabbits out of hats, and sawing women in half. Well surprise, surprise in his third set he asks for my assistance. I have never been shy in front of a crowd, so up I go. I, of course, am still in my formal wear which includes 3 1/2 inch heels. I get in front of the crowd and am wobbling with every pitch of the boat. I say "Oh, I'm a bit tippy", well the crowd loves it, thinking I meant to say "tipsy". The magician runs with it, so the rest of the show I think the crowd is more interested in whether I'm going to fall or not. Maura and I were the only 2 who knew I hadn't had a drop to drink.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm shocked you were still awake after dinner! Can I also say that I never knew how much you resembled Grandma until I saw this picture of you in the red dress. It's a great shot!