Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Couch Surfing.com

About 2 years ago I was doing a bike trip in Vermont. It started in Burlington on a Sunday, and I wanted to go up a day early so I could look around Burlington a little more than the bike tour allotted. That weekend just happened to be homecoming weekend, parents weekend and every other weekend that Burlington had to offer. The bottom line was there were no rooms to be had unless you were booking for the entire weekend, which brings me to "Couch Surfing.com".
I had heard about couch surfing on a radio station that I listen to, so I thought "what the heck".

After filling out all the necessary blanks I decided to just go up the day the tour starts, and forgot all about it.

6 months later I got an email from a gentleman in Wisconsin who had a son at the Naval Academy, and was coming in for a weekend to see him, did I mind if he crashed on my couch. I just happened to be leaving the 2nd day he was here, so I said sure. Well this year his son is graduating, so he asked if he could stay again, this time with 5 other people. I'm just a girl who can't say no. David and Disa arrived last Sunday, his sister and her husband came in on Thursday, and his other son came in on Friday. Did I mention my air conditioner's condenser went out?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Is that what you used to find my cozy couch in Hawaii?!? Sounds like you have a hot & full house!!