Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Taking It As It Comes.


I know everyone has probably been on pins and needles about Tom and my outcome. It's been all over the place. He wrote an email saying he didn't think he wanted the "Hot and Heavy" (his words) kind of relationship that I did. I wrote him back and said, "What a relief. Once again we are on the same page". Then he asked if I wanted to go bike riding. The bottom line is we get along famously when we're together, so why not just keep having fun together. Last weekend we repeated our Eastern Shore ride. Memorial Day we rode on the C&O Canal through Harper's Ferry. The guy that we got to take this picture, handed the camera back and said, "some one's in love". I said, "Yeah, we just don't know who with". After a beautiful day together we headed back to Tom's. After riding in 98 degree weather, I hopped in the shower, when I got out Tom showed me his portrait wall in his bedroom. He has a photo of his 2 children, his brand new grand daughter, his family which include his mom, 2 brothers and 2 sisters, and 2, not 1 but 2, of he and I. They are photos that I have put on the blog, but to be on his bedroom wall, Holy Moly. I guess I should have been friends with him all along. Oh! did I mention he has invited me to Maine in July. Go Figure!! I am just taking it as it comes, and enjoying every minute of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend here in Apalach told me to think in 5/10/15 minute terms- am I happy now? Will I be happy in 5-10-15 minutes? I told her that was thinking like a man and she said "exactly".
I like this new way of life and can hardly think of ... what was I saying?
I am happy for you right now and will be for the very near future.
Gonna be on the Home and Garden tour as a feature next Spring and am looking for a designer- wanna volunteer? It pays very well! xoxo

Rachel said...

And what exactly were you doing in his bedroom???