Wednesday, May 11, 2011

One For The Road

The rest of Sunday evening was spent watching a movie, 127 Hours, with the proverbial elephant in the room. Tom tried to consol me, but it wasn't working. I told him that if he still had feelings for Sally, I didn't want to feel like if he stayed with me he would have always wondered, would of, could of, should of, I am better than that. I also told him that they split for a reason, it may be nice for a week, a month, maybe even longer, but the problems they had before would resurface unless somthing was done to resolve them.
The next morning I had a doctor appointment, and then we were going to play tennis. I for one thought hitting a tennis ball with all my might would do wonders. Early Monday morning, 5:00am, Tom's cell phone beeped to alert him and me that a text had just arrived. Guess who? I was getting up to walk the dogs anyway. When I got back Tom told me the gist of the texting. Sally, "Want to meet for coffee"? Tom, "I'm not at home". Sally, "WTF", nice, huh? While I get ready for my appoinment, the texting contiued and I was only getting tidbits from Tom. Uuuuggghhhh.
Tom takes me to my appoinment and is alone with the "text-mess" for the next hour. Well by the time my appoinment is over, instead of breakfast and tennis, Tom doesn't think he'll be very good company, drops me off at home and goes back to Gaithersburg, and I'm sure to Sally's. I am crushed, and call my sister right away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh Honey. Please post a better ending soon. Please don't let this be. My heart breaks for you.