Sunday, May 1, 2011

Trouble in Paradise.

Throughout Tom and my relationship, Tom has been nothing but honest with me. It is one of my only stipulations, along with having nice teeth. From our very first date Tom talked about a previous relationship that had ended badly. It was with someone he thought he would spend the rest of his life with. I didn't ask alot of questions, because I wanted our time together to be about us, but if anything came up I was certainly there to listen.
Tom's daughter Lauren has recently had a baby, and when we were headed to Old Rag Mountain Lauren called and said that Sally (Tom's ex) wanted to come see the baby and give her a gift. Tom told Lauren that it was fine, but not to make the visit about him. I was in the car for the entire conversation, and knew then and there Sally wanted back in. People don't just don't do things like that unless they want to find a small opening, and from what I had heard about Sally, she was not doing it for kindness sake. There is nothing to worry about according to Tom.
Another few weeks go by and Tom tells me Sally wants to see him. She has some things of his, he has some thing of hers, including a spare car key and she needs closure. Well I am all for this. I think closure is going to be good for everyone involved, but I also know how wonderful Tom is and find it hard to believe Sally really wants closure. I sure hope Tom is right. This all happened on Saturday. Tom is scheduled to come over for dinner on Sunday, and tennis on Monday. I am a nervous wreck. Tom doesn't say anything all through dinner, and of course I am so upset inside, I can't eat. We sit down on the couch after an amazing dinner, and Tom tells me Sally wants him back. Surprise, surprise.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Oh man, no I feel like an idiot commenting just a week ago two posts ago. Seriously? the old girlfriend wants him back. He's an idiot for going back if he does when he's got you right in front of him.

Rachel said...

I think Mustang Sally needs to put herself in reverse and go back where she came from! I'm on the edge of my seat. Did he tell her no???

Anonymous said...

Terry, you know i have tried for years to find someone..several wrong turns and misadventures....when i finally decided that being single was enjoyable....it became desireable also. who needs the friggin drama? Your have plenty of people in your life who love you and want tospend time with you..who needs a hanger on?...lose the loser. Val