Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Day

My Christmas was started with a walk at the highscool with Donna and 5 dogs. It was a beautiful morning and the dogs got a great workout. While on our walk Donna asked what my Christms plans were. I told her I was going to put on a soft,warm, cuddley pair of pajama bottoms and catch up on my Netflix. Isn't that how everyone without children celebrate?
So.... There I am all toasty, with a hot cocoa and 4 tired dogs watching The Legend of Cleopatra, when Donna calls to invite me to Christmas Dinner at her house. Now I should preface this by telling you that I was invited to 3 other Christmas Dinners, I just thought it would be nice to unplug for a day.
Dinner is at 2:00, and yes Virginia, there is a Santa Fe, which was my opening statement to John. Then I proceed to track in dog poop on Donna & Jose brand new cream colored carpet. Do I know how to make an entrance or what? After Donna cleans me up, we spend an enjoyable afternoon together. Donna made an absolutely delicious lasagne and Jose made fresh bread. I was in heaven. Donna cut the lasagne in 6 equal parts, leaving none in the pan. The pieces were huge, but none was left on anyone's plate. Yummy.
After dinner we take a walk down to the water and through the woods, and when we returned to Casa Gonzalez we sit down to coffee and warm apple pie ala mode. Can it get any better? Yes. John is great, we flirt and get along famously. I leave around 5:00 with a smile in my heart. Thanks Donna. again

No comments: