Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Years Eve!!!

For probably the past 15 years I have spent New Years Eve at home. This was always my choice. I just preferred the quiet and relaxation that I got from my home, rather than all the hoop-la of a holiday that gives bad behavior a good excuse. Well this year was different. Donna and Jose invited me to join them and John at dinner. What the heck!! Sure.
Let me start by telling you it was the coldest night of winter to date... and we all know how I love the cold. How do people from Fairbanks dress up? The key is in the layering. We had reservations at 10:00pm at Aqua Terra on Main Street. We arrived downtown a little early, so had the opportunity to walk around in the frigid tundra. We made it into Hard Bean Cafe & Booksellers before any digits turned black and broke off. I love bookstores, and when you add coffee the smell is intoxicating, for me anyway. After about 30 minutes we went back to the restaurant, but not before taking in the ice sculptures on display by The Market House, not much chance of them melting on a night like this.
Dinner was lovely. The usual, when friends get together and enjoy themselves. Of course being the early bird that I am, intelligent conversation usually ceases at about 4:00, then I just nod my head alot. Add to that a nice piece of rare fillet and I am putty. Anyway.... some of us know how to party.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I don't know how you went out to dinner at 10pm. I was already asleep at that time!!