Monday, December 29, 2008

Feast or Famine

I know you are all probably dying to know how my love life is fairing. E-Harmony has sent me a bevy of men, but I've decided before I even start communication with them, they have to pass a few qualifications. They must be over 5'8", and have all their teeth. I don't ask for much.
So far I have had about 4 guys who have lost their wife after about 25-35 years of marriage. I admire any man who stays in a committed relationship for that period of time, but I can't help but think any of my actions will be compared to that of their dear departed wife.
E-Harmony is a process. You read a little about them, see a picture of them, if posted, send a set of 5 questions, answer a set of 5 questions, send them likes and dislikes, get their likes and dislikes, more questions on both sides...... needless to say it is a process. So I get to the second set of question with one of the widowers. I ask if he could have 3 wishes what would they be? 1. To have my wife back. 2. For my wife not to have died. 3. To have lived a ripe old age with my wife. DELETE The other widower, a man named Terry has potential.
Next, A 27 year Army Colonel, retired. Now owns his own defense business. How about dinner? Okay so he is only 5'7", a girl's gotta eat.
Vietnam vet, blah,blah,blah.
13 year old son, blah, blah, blah.
I ask,"Is there anything you would like to ask me about", "No, not really".
2 bronze stars, 1 silver star, 3 purple hearts, blah,blah blah. DELETE.
OH!!! Did I mention? The guy from Santa Fe is back in town. What was his name anyway?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Like I said before, Trey's dad is single. Oh, and he does that E-Harmony thing too. My, you two already have things in common!!