Monday, December 29, 2008

Early Gift

After closing up shop on Christmas Eve, I went outside to load up the dogs. Harper and Bear were of course with me, and I was babysitting 2 other big dogs. As I was loading them in the back, Winslow got caught on my necklace. As I was cussing and bending down to pick up the broken pieces, Harper jumps up....not into the back of the car, as she planned, but into my left eye socket. Well after the stars and little birdies settled down, and I lifted myself off the ground, I ran back into the shop to see if my eyeball was still in it's socket. Believe me when I tell I was not sure if I would have sight in that eye. After coming home and canceling dinner plans, I called my friend Donna (best nurse in the world), and she came over and took a look to access the damage. 2 broken blood vessels in the eye, top and bottom. Small cut above the eye, swelling and contusion all around. All in all, Donna complimented Harper in her delivery and told me I would live to see another day. Thank you Donna.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ouch!! Mom told me about your eye! What a wonderful Christmas gift! I'm glad you are living to see another day!