Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fascination

After lunch, Hector, one of the Ob/Gyn's, surprised me by inviting me in to see what a prolapsed uterus looked like. Now if any of you every have a chance to see this, jump at it. Hector not only let me look on, he explained all the different parts of it (sorry, no photos) and really made me feel like part of it. I don't know that I'll be enrolling in med school, but it was fascinating. I continually thanked him for the rest of the day.

Throughout our entire mission, there was a group that entertained the children, because let's face it, it's just no fun to sit and wait. This group did everything from reading book, to making clay animals, and games galore. My favorite was the big headed guy in hot pink. I don't have a clue as to what he was saying, but the children were all ears and eyes. Is there anything better in the world than a child's laughter?

At the end of the day the gang went to a Steak House for dinner, but after 9 hours on my feet I opted for a book and bed. All the reviews on dinner were, "I should have gone". I still think I made the right decision, for me.

No comments: