Monday, June 15, 2009

A Must Read

One of the great things about Terry is he has a passion for reading that almost matches mine.
He recently loaned me a book that I enjoyed thoroughly. It is "The Shadow of the Wind" by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.
This is one of the passages, but in no way one of the better ones. It goes out to all us readers.
"The art of reading is slowly dying, that it's an intimate ritual, that the book is a mirror that offers us only what we already carry inside us, that when we read , we do it with all our heart and mind, and great readers are becoming more scarce by the day.
I am now putting "The Shadow of the Wind" in my Top Ten. Try it you'll like it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I had known you hadn't read that yet so I could have recommended it at Powell's. It's one of the best novels I've read in the last 5 years; glad you dug it.

Sara said...

Just for the record, I found the book and read it first and then convinced my husband to read it after lots of persuasion. This book is officially my favorite book. #1 on my list for sure. The imagery is so beautiful and haunting. The characters are developed wonderfully. I recommend it to everyone.