Sunday, June 14, 2009

Out of the Closet

My switching out winter for summer clothes was long overdue. Friday I got a phone call from Purple Heart looking for donations. It was just the jump start I needed. Opening my closet door is like walking into a teenager's room after she has tried everything on for a 1st date with the guy she has had a crush on since her freshman year. If a hanger doesn't avail itself, the piece I'm wearing usually ends up on the closet floor. When I run out of drawer space, you guessed it, a nice pile on the closet floor. So now that you have the picture in you head 10 times it and that is what I tackled this weekend.
I made 3 piles. Consignment, Purple Heart and dust rags.
The consignment pile consists of all the dresses that I got from a catalog for the perfect soiree.
Well, the soiree either never happened, or the dress looked alot better on the skinny-assed model then moi. Some of those items still had the tag on them. Those days are over.
The Purple Heart Items are gently used items or the size 14's that I plan never to be in again.
The dust rags are self explanatory. So far I have 2 large garbage bags for Purple Heart and 7 nice dresses for consignment. Next week maybe I'll tackle my drawers.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I would've like to see pictures of that closet!! It would make me feel better about mine! I'm still holding on to all of my size 4's hoping that after baby #2 I'll exercise my way back into them!