Monday, October 5, 2009

Easy Rider

The Sojourn vans picked all 18 of us up from The airport and took us directly to our digs for the night.  The Heart of the Village Inn.  An absolutely darling B&B in Shelburne, VT. (technical difficulties with photos).  Once we all signed our waivers releasing Sojourn from any truck squishing, broken appendages,etc., we all geared up for a warm up bike ride.  After the 9 mile ride we went to "Shelburne Farms".  OMG!!  The farm was created back in 1886 by William Seward and Lila Vanderbilt.  You know if the name Vanderbilt is involved it's stunning.  It was built as a model agricultural estate.  It is now an educational non-profit center.  Unfortunately we got to the farm an hour prior to closing, so instead of watching the process of cheese-making, we got to see them wash out equipment.  They didn't let us go to the petting zoo, because there was a child's birthday party going on.  I think you all know what I was more disappointed about.  Anyway we finished up at the "Farm", and headed back to our B&B to shower and get ready for dinner.  Now remember, Karen and I have been up since 3:30am, and I am running on empty.  Dinner was delicious, but right after dessert I excused myself and went straight to bed.  I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what an incredibly long day! i know about after dinner goin ta bed type roomate! i'm sorry i missed you before you left- we have some catching up to do when you get home. winslow says hi. xoxox